Saturday, October 6, 2007

Customer is Always Right..The Finale

Ever had the feeling when you don’t feel 100% good when your wish was granted? I didn’t pray that hopefully our principal would replace the backpack (which I normally should for his favor) but I prayed that the right thing would be done. Just got an email from our principal that they will replace the “kids” backpack in spite of. We would be advancing the pack from our stocks first and provide the kid a new pack. Although the pack will be replenished from our stock, there’s lost still since we already paid for the freight. I can just imagine his face while he reads my email:

Dear Sir,

As our valued customer, we are glad to inform you that we will be replacing your pack. Kindly let us know when you plan to pick up from our office so we can prepare it. In case I'm not around, please look for Regine. We hope to regain your trust with **.

I hate imagining his face carrying a sinister smile that he was able to take advantage of us. I conclude that a customer is always right after all. Uggh! My position as brand manager thought me not to reason out though am positive I’m right since its pointless – thus swallowing my pride; face obnoxious customers and still wear this ‘sweet-smiling’ a.k.a poker / plastic face =) – thus prolonging my patience; and learned the value of brand equity – thus be aware with my actions. You see, the customer wouldn’t remember my name but the brand’s. It’s the brand that will be damaged, not me. We should apply this same scenario in our life. When we encounter situations like when our boss scolds us, bear in mind that your boss is not mad at you, but with the situation. Learn to detach your emotions from the situation; to look far and perceive the consequences in case you acted indifferently. Surely I’m a long way still but I’m glad I acted accordingly. Finally, I could put a period on this tale and publicize “For hire: Customer Service Representative. Must be well-verse, amiable, and patient” Hee =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Liz! Seems you're learning more and more about yourself the good ol fashioned way... through hands-on experience! haha! I can relate to that too so... to more interesting experiences ahead for ya!

Anonymous said...

Well said!