Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What Brand Are You?

2 of my Profs. at Ateneo raised this question before the class started. That is, we are all trying to market ourselves. We all have aspirations to be someone or accomplish something. What brand represents you? I thought of Chris Sports at first with its tag line “It’s all about options”. But honestly, I just wanna plug our shop =) that’s not really me. So I thought of Pringles – once “I” pop, “I” can’t stop. That’s more me. If I want something badly, then I don’t stop ‘til I achieved it. A classmate answered Centrum – I want to be complete; Clear dandruff shampoo – 7 signs (precise, effective…etc); Nike – Just Do It ( I really like this one). I’ve been asking this question to my friends and even our staffs. Our staff’s responses were interesting. There’s BmW – cause she wants people to see her as someone sturdy and elegant; SM – You’ve got it all; Jollibee – fast service and pang-masa; Frenzy condom, haha it’s really funny how he pulled that – cause he’s safe daw; Microsoft – innovative and always the first; Deuter (it’s a backpack brand I handle, glad to hear he associated himself with our brand) – quality, innovative, reasonably price with value; Nokia – connecting people; Emperador brandy (If I remember it correctly) – habang tumatagal, lalong sumasarap etc. You see, these are all positive responses. It doesn’t matter what brand you believe or stands for. What is important is you live with that. Do something about it. I’ve been attending class for about a month now and I’ve been enjoying it. Learning new ideas and listening on different views excite me. My class was once canceled coz of a typhoon and it made me sad coz I was looking forward to it. Gee, I think this is the first time that I’m actually excited to go to school. Now I’m living with this brand – Adidas – impossible is nothing. Of course I don’t aspire for something really impossible like flying or dreaming of becoming a queen (Then again why not? =). I’m still being realistic. What I meant was dream of something you want. Be ambitious. Set a goal. Focus on it. Be passionate about it. I have my goal now of making one of our sports brand number 1. Pretty ambitious honestly because one of the competing brands holds at least 50% of the market and the brand we have is just new in that category. But I believe on that brand so much. It has a great product range, reasonably priced, endorsed by top players etc. I just can’t see any negative points now. I know if only I can share to our staffs then to the end consumers my beliefs on that brand, then we can be number 1. I know I’m a long way still…but I’m seeing progress somehow. That makes me happy. I like being surrounded with positive people coz they inspire me. There’s J who’s so determined and positive of becoming a model and having a billboard - her personality is just contagious; there’s someone who plans (and actually doing something about it) 5 years from now on what he wants to achieve – he’s just so passionate and creative; and there’s someone who leads and sets an example on her walk with God – swear she’s just so blessed! So again I ask you this, what brand are you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to share with you my favorite quote from Paolo Coehlo's The Alchemist: "If you want something, the entire universe conspires for you to achieve it." =)

LiZzz said...

I stringle believe that=)

LiZzz said...

I meant strongly =) hehe..gotta practice my typing skills